What is Diabetes?
Diabetes which is often referred as Diabetes mellitus by most of the doctors as a group of metabolic diseases which arises in the person having a high blood glucose either due to inadequate production of insulin or due to the body cells which don’t respond appropriately to insulin.
So if you are worried that maybe your child or someone close to you has diabetes here, we are going to give some warning signs of diabetes which can tell if a person has any diabetes.
Types of Diabetes and their Symptoms:
There are two types of diabetes.
What is Type 1 Diabetes?
If the immune system of body mistakenly attacks the Beta cells of the pancreas, then there is a little insulin into the body, due to which sugar level builds up in the blood instead of energy.
Symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes:
Here we are going to give you some of the most noticeable and shared symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes
1. Frequent urination
A person may urinate at night which is mostly noticeable at night time. It is because kidneys are trying to remove the excessive sugar present in the blood.
2. Increased thirst
A person may feel thirsty all the time.
It is because if a person is urinating, then he loses enough water and become dehydrated.
3. Blurred vision
The excessive sugars start building up in the lens of your eye which sucks water. It results in a change of shape of the lens of your eye and causes blurred vision.
4. Unintended weight loss
A person may lose weight without even trying it is because being very thirsty he starts losing all of the sugar calories in your urine instead of burning them.
A person may also feel numbness tingling in feet.
6. Tiredness and Fatigue
A person may feel tired all the time. This symptom is most commonly seen in an individual who is having a high weight.
7. Irritability and mood swings
A person may be regarded suffering from irritability other climate changes. Due to headaches, tiredness a person becomes irritable and gets mood swings.
Serious Warning Symptoms:
Some other serious warning symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes show up when blood sugar level is very high. These are:
1. Dry skin and mouth
2. Nausea/ vomiting
3. Deep or Rapid breathing
4. Stomach pain
5. Fatigue and weakness
What is Type 2 diabetes?
If a person’s body is unable to use insulin that is released or is unable to make enough insulin, then type 2 diabetes symptoms starts to appear.In this case, sugar starts building up in the blood instead of being used as energy.This condition is called as insulin resistance.
Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes:
Most of the symptoms of type 2 diabetes show up when sugar levels are abnormally high.
Some of the common symptoms and warning signs of 2 type diabetes are:
1. Recurring infections and sores: The increase in the glucose levels makes it harder for the body to heal in case of injuries like cuts and sores that stay open for a longer period. It makes them susceptible to any infection.
2. Emergency symptoms: Emergency symptoms are those which when showing up, you need to rush to the doctor immediately.
Emergency symptoms of Type 2 diabetes are
- Fast heartbeat
3. Common symptoms of diabetes of type 2 include:
- Excessive Thirst
- frequent urination
- Blurred vision etc.
4. Symptoms in children
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes that show up mostly in children are:
- A child May feel tiredness and restlessness all the time.
- A child may experience a loss in weight in spite of eating more than usual
- Blurred vision can also occur in small age.
The dry or poor circulation of blood results in the itchy skin which can be a sign of diabetes. It involves darkening of the skin around the neck or armpit areas of your body. Skin problems can show up in children as well as adults.
5. Skin Problems
When to call your doctor?
- In case you start noticing any of these symptoms the first that you should take is to start calling your primary doctor like your family physician.
- A doctor knows better and can recognize these symptoms. He will perform some test and come up with positive or negative diabetes test.